Another obituary...

I was saddened today to learn of the passing of another friend, Alex 'Rat' Heath. 

Alex had the odds stacked against him all his life due to health issues, and was certainly much, much too young to climb over the fence and into the afterlife.

I use that description because 'Rat' was like that, a loveable rogue, who when he was too ill to take part in reenactments, didn't just sit there vegetating. He used the internet and his 'can do' attitude to help others.

Although I did not know him as well as many others who will I am certain feel his passing all the more, we hit it off right from the first meeting, and his evil, leering grin, meant that entertainment was sure to follow.

He made my reenactment events all the more enjoyable, and I still have fond memories of taking snuff in the bar in Elsecar with him, his bloody amazing dancing, tasteless Irish kilt and watching Rob Willmer march him off a train at MRC. 

That bastard, Fate may have taken the body but never the memories of that young tearaway...






Alex, you will be sorely missed.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...