A Grand Day Out

York MRS was as expected and indeed as usual a superb event.

We attended on the middle of the three days, and having an advance ticket, were in earlier than those stood outside in a biting and some may say evil, wind.

I didn't buy much, but that is not for want of traders, rather that I have a very precise shopping list of stuff which is mostly imports at the moment.

I did however pick up some rather nice OO figures by Dart Castings and OO etched brass shed for a future OO9 project, and a Flying Scotsman teddy bear for the good lady wife...


Oh and a copy of a sign that (as an owner of several Scotties) has been on my list for a while.







The layouts on display were all rather impressive, in particular a bloody enormous U.S Fn3 gauge affair which had sound fitted to add to the awesomeness.











But without a doubt the star of the show by miles was the stunning OO layout 'World's End' presented by Pete Goss, an astounding depiction of Knaresborough, complete with depiction of an ECW re-enactment...




All in all, a grand day out, and as I have said before, wargames shows could learn a LOT from the model railway fraternity.


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...