A Day At The Race Course

The alarm went off, 5 hours and 52 minutes after I went to bed last night and an hour and a half laterI was en route to York Race Course for the 2017 York Model Railway Show.

The standard of the layouts was as high as ever, if not higher, with all scales well covered and a plethora of narrow gauge stuff in assorted scales and on varied themes.

Outstanding work...


Here are a few shots of layouts which worked for me, personally. They are not posted as the best on offer, but simply those which tickled my taste buds metaphorically.






The shopping was very limited. I was unable to locate one of the new Heljan 009 locos, and had to content myself with  some figures and detailing parts from Dart CAstings (superb as always) the latest RM magazine and finally in a fit of puckish spending I purchased the totem for my 009 layout based around the country pile of Sir Henry Fackham...





And that was my day... I am exhausted and in need of coffee, some reading material and an 80s movie.


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...