It Was All The Fault Of A Frenchman...

Yesterday was a busy day....

I took delivery of two shipments of Dwarven Forge scenery. The first was all older stuff from those fine people at Spirit Games whilst the larger shipment was from Dwarven Forge Europe comprising 9 large sets including 7 limited edition sets, and a single smaller set.












Alas, as previously none of the 5 limited edition sets contained their numbered certificates, so I've had to get in touch with Dwarven Forge in the U.S to ask them to remedy this situation. I am now at the 41 large set mark and about 20 of the small peripheral extras, so I am most certainly at the level where I can get the display game up and running.

I couldn't get time to open them as straight after a hard day of painting 1/1200th aircraft, I had to get on a train in the afternoon to go to Leeds where I was to be entertained by one Mnsr. J M Jarre in person.

Now I have always loved Leeds. It used to have a branch of 'Games Of Liverpool' and I did a good bit of my carousing with friends there at the 'Phono' which was a subterranean nightclub for Goths and Cloggies and all of that stripe, slap bang in the middle of the Merrion Centre...

Alas, it is no more...


The patch of lighter tiles near the column mark the grave as it were.

Leeds, you are a lover and a bitch in equal measure!

Anyway, I met up with my wife who works in Leeds and we set off to be entertained by J-M.J. And entertained we were, with some bloody amazing sounds, complimented with a 3D light and laser show. This was not a 'gig' this was a piece of performance art!




We crawled into bed at 2:15 this morning, and as a result I finally got to open my Dwarven Forge goodies at 10AM - And it's all the fault of a (very talented) Frenchman.

Now I have 24 hours to recover before we are of to see Bad Company, again in Leeds. It's a gruelling thrash of a life...


TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...