Oh, It's Vewy, Vewy Quiet...

Greetings my dear and appreciated readers,

Firstly I must apologise to you all for seemingly disappearing from the face of the earth of late. This is due to a couple of things:

1. I am exceedingly busy as Conflict In Colour goes from strength to strength and I have more clients than I have time. Thus, I am working stupidly long days, mindful that on December 15th I close for a well earned bout of R&R with pies, wine and turkey - Not to mention duck, venison, pork, beef and more pies.

2. There is a pretty serious mater related to the health of the memsahib which I will not go into here, but trust me, it's the first time in almost 30 years that I have really been scared.

So, whilst I have a lot of thoughts and memories swirling around, the time I need to craft them into an interesting and possibly controversial post or two, just isn't there. And I care about giving you all a bit of distraction, even if it's just one of my polemics on this, that or the proverbial other.

I have really got a bug for this here Age Of Sigmar thing, and I took ownership of another army, this time the Stormcast Eternals who are so cheesy you need to have a pack of cream crackers at the side of you when they are on the table. But, I do like a bit of cheese now and again and as I said before if you don't try to connect this game to Warhammer or it's background, it's pretty epic and very old school in a way that those of you who remember 'back of a postcard' rules from the likes of the esteemed John Armatys will really appreciate.

Allan at Lancashire Games tells me that my Culloden project will be under way after Reading, which is understandable. Hell, it's been 31 years since I got a bug for that battle, so what's a month or two, and Allan is a top bloke in my not so humble opinion.

Last night I was out watching a presentation streamed to the Sheffield Central Library from the British Library on the subject of the tools of witchcraft. It was a very entertaining evening and to be in an Art Deco building 'after hours' is a thrill in itself. We will be going to a few more similar talks this month, and in December I will be attending an adult orientated event with my Death Eater costume in a sort of official capacity, again in the Central Library, which looks as if it will be a VERY good evening:




DESCRIPTION

Museums Sheffield and Sheffield Libraries invite you to an adults only, fun themed night of magic, music, creativity and ‘potions’ as we celebrate Harry Potter: The History of Magic exhibition.
Magical dress is encouraged.
Please check www.museums-sheffield.org.uk or for more information



It's a 3 and a half hour event, starting at 7PM, so I am really looking forward to this.

I'll be at Winter Recon in Pudsey on December 2nd. I love this show as it has atmosphere and a lot of good memories for me in it's various incarnations. Plus, the catering and entrance are very reasonable indeed.

Anyway, that's the news for the moment. Again, please excuse and forgive me if my posts are somewhat thin on the ground, but normal service will resume as soon as possible.


All the best,


M

Comments

  1. Having initially been very bitter about the end of the Old World, I think Shadespire may have turned me. The minis included in the box are lovely and the skeleton faction have echoes of the very first GW skeletons I bought back in the 80s - including one emerging from the ground.

    Don't worry about the frequency of blogging, I find it very hard to post consistently on mine so you won't receive any opprobrium from this quarter. Life has a habit of interfering with things. I hope that your good lady fares well - the thought of any of my loved ones being ill scares me shitless.

    The 'adults only' tag for the magic evening made my mind wander off to thoughts of the recurring song in Pratchett's books, 'A Wizard's Staff has a Knob on the End.' :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave your praise and vitriolic commentary here...

Popular posts from this blog

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...