Pretty, Pretty, Pretty... At a Pretty Fine Price!

Good day, good day, indeed!

I errr, did it again… Yeah, I grabbed a bargain.

I missed a load of painted 28mm Landsknechts that were on sale on a forum on Saturday, much to my chagrin.

There were 150 pike, plus 18 Gendarmes and a shedload of shot and halberds to go with them. I was gutted as I’d been mooching in front of my Xbox to avoid ending up in my studio at the weekend. You see what idleness did?

Well, I got a message saying the buyer i was mucking about and trying to haggle the price down after agreeing, which was in the opinion of I and a  my dear friend, Roger (who had alerted me to them, via encrypted channels in the first place) sheer lunacy.

Well, I was offered the models and I said cheekily - being happy to pay 50% more - would he be wiling to take 25% more for an immediate no fuss sale. He said he would if it was cash and he would deliver today at 9:30 AM.

RESULT!

The price you say?

£250.00 

You may now swear at me and call me names with my blessing. So, this week I have acquired almost 1000 painted Renaissance in 28mm for £1250 which is basically under metal cost.

The new stuff needs rebasing and the flags need replacing, but that's more me being a martinet than necessity.

And that’s about it for the week. It’s been work, work, work so no time for reading, despite the fact that I have ‘The Devil’s Playground’ supplement for Pike & Shot and ‘European Weapons & Warfare 1618-1648’ by Eduard Wagner on the way to me. I’d hoped they’d arrive today, but no luck.

Mind you I’ve been promising to read the writings of Madame Blavatsky for the last month and as I type the book is sitting on my desk, accusing me of crimes against literature. I love a decent occult title, so I must be busy if I haven’t even scanned through it yet.

Well, I shall say adios for now, and leave you with the pictures:





TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How, Over 40 Years Ago, A Guy Called Andy Changed My Life With 5 Words, And Other Reminiscences...

A Radioactive Wasteland? We Need Another Hero...

Oh My, This Is A Long One...